Friday, June 13, 2008

This and That


I thought of another wish.

4.  To go back home and visit; Southern California.

It has been YEARS since I've been there.  In fact, since moving to Maryland when I was twelve, I have been back one time.  There are things I really miss and I so want to see San Diego again!

Anyway, today I took the boys swimming and we all had a great time.  I got slightly burnt, but I'm hoping the burn will fade by tomorrow.  I love the sun.  Yeah, I know that sitting out in it with no sunscreen is bad for you and all that, but we were in a hurry and couldn't locate what I had done with it.  The kids spent most of their time in the water, so they didn't catch too much sun and as for me, I love looking like I caught the sun.  I just think it looks healthy after how pale I get in the winter.

Are you ready for this?  The Brit is down 32 pounds!  I knew he was going to lose at a faster rate, being a guy and all, but dang!  He has nearly caught up to me and my guess is that by next week he will!  I need to kick it up a notch with the exercise and either get my butt out walking or get on the Bow-Flex downstairs, which involves reading the manual...ugh!  I'm looking forward to joining the Y in September once the kids head back to school (actually they go back in August, so I could join then!) so I can start some weight lifting and minimally water aerobics to start out.  I'm working up to that bike that is on my Christmas list!   Isn't it purty?  I love pink.

This morning, I forget to take ANY of my pills.  How awful is that?  I assume one day will not kill me (a little iron vacation is always nice) and I made sure to take them all tonight.  I love being the last one awake; it's so peaceful and quiet.  I have a couple of kitties hanging with me (Hannah and Jonah) and the windows are open letting in the fresh air. 

I love summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment