Sunday, June 8, 2008

Patron Rant


After WLS, waitresses amuse me.

When I was in Florida and met Meg for lunch, we both ordered some kind of chicken sandwich and Meg, being further out of surgery than I was (I was only like a month out at that point, if that) got chips and salsa as her side.  I elected to not have a side, as everything was either a starch or something I wasn't ready to see if my system could handle.  The waitress kept giving me other option which I declined.  Then when our sandwiches came, we both took the chicken out of the bread and cut it up.  Of course, neither one of us finished it.  The waitress seemed rather confused and concerned and kept asking if everything was all right.  Of course, we assured her it was.

Tonight, we ate at Red Lobster.  The Brit ordered soup and salad and I ordered an appetizer as my main course.  This again, seemed to confuse her but it also made me think how stereotyped we were, as big people.  We are apparently supposed to order massive portions.  I ate three of my crab and lobster stuffed mushrooms and then asked her for a box.  She again was baffled asking me what else I needed the box for and then she looked at plate and said, "Just for that?"  I simply answered, "Yes, please."

She was also confused by The Brit only eating part of his soup and only the shrimp off his salad and again, kept asking if everything was all right.  I feel like a rebel, bending the rules and all; the big girl ordering little portions and not eating it all.  It feels naughty

The inlaws have been in the air just over three hours now.  The kids are again in separate rooms, ready to start their first full week of summer.  Pray for us.  Summer may kill me.  The boys have a tendency to be total angels or absolute demons and I tend to have a lot of patience or none at all.  But I'm trying a reward's system where if they are good all week, I'll take them swimming or to a movie on Fridays after work.

We'll see how it goes.



No comments:

Post a Comment