Saturday, June 7, 2008

Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot


You know, I am not one to complain about heat as ya'll know how much I hate winter, but damn, it's humid! We went to see "Prince Caspian" today just to be in the cool for a couple of hours!  I actually liked it better than "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" which says a lot as that was one of my favorite childhood stories.

I thought I did a bit better on protein today than yesterday.  Yesterday, I estimated myself at about 50 grams but in just figuring it out, I think I sucked worse than yesterday or maybe came out about the same.
Today, I had:

Half a slice of whole grain bread with light butter and cheddar cheese
Tuna salad, made with light mayo and a piece of reduced fat velveeta melted on top
A Special K protein bar with 10 grams of protein
A sugar free, banana protein smoothie
A small handful of reduced fat triscuits with a little bit of crab dip...maybe 7 crackers.

Actually I'm thinking about 57 grams of protein so it is better than yesterday!  I had forgotten about the protein bar when I originally figured it up.

Robyn bought The Brit this book for his birthday and I've been perusing it and some of the recipes look yummy.  Of course, I have to wait until The Brit is on more solid foods before branching out but I think the book is really going to help.

The inlaws head home tomorrow and though I will miss them, I'm also anxious to get back on a schedule.  I have a list of things I want to get done and dinner is going to be so much easier for awhile until The Brit is on solids again.  The kids just aren't that fussy, especially in the summertime and I eat so little.  In my opinion, the most important thing is that we all sit down at the table together and eat something, even if everyone is eating something different!



No comments:

Post a Comment