Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Drama Continues


So last night, I snooped on bio-mom's blog and found that she had blasted us, saying that everytime Aaron mentions her or his past, he gets into trouble.  Blatant lie numero uno.  She also remarked that she was afraid he would "go down the wrong path" and let's not even get me started on what I could say about that one.  I'm trying to be nice.  

So, I blasted back and then calmed down and wrote a more civil message asking her to respect us on our wishes for Aaron not to see her or his uncle (who also messaged me asking why he was no longer allowed to see Aaron and complaining about things I had written here.  Hey, my diary, my thoughts.  Don't like 'em?  Go read somewhere else.  I didn't invite anyone here).  I did not bother to respond to him.

See, here's the thing.  We are under no obligation/requirement/court order to let the boys see anyone in their birth family.  The fact that they see their grandparents and on occasion their siblings, is a choice that we have made in the past.  We have allowed it to happen.  Why?  Because we felt it was in the best interest of the boys and of the grandparents.  However, if I ever find out again in the future (we have had a few problems in the past) that anyone is shoving bio-mom or dad down their throats while they visit, I will pull those visits immediately.

Is it something I want to do?  No.  What I want is for the grandparents and the boys to be able to visit AND for me to be able to trust that things are being handled according to our wishes and OUR wishes are the only ones that matter as we are their parents. 

Kim also asked "Will Aaron end up going to school with this uncle in a couple of years?"


That is a possibility but if the situation doesn't improve in the next year, I will get permission from the county for him to attend another high school.  I have no problem doing it and I will do it if I have to, but we have a year before we have to cross that bridge.

Meg asked:
Why is he reaching out to them? Does he want to talk about that?

I asked that question yesterday and he could give me no answer.  I have my own opinions and thoughts about this which I am not going to post here in order to protect Aaron...as that is what parents do; protect their kids. If my friends want to know, please email me and I'll fill you in, but as I know I have at least one reader here (and my guess is that by now possibly more) from the biological family, I'd rather not post it here.  I have arranged for him to go back into therapy, per his request and we were fortunate enough to get his same therapist,but the appointment is not for two weeks yet.

Yes, Aaron contacted them first, but common sense should tell someone that maybe they'd better check to see if this was allowed, instead of jumping in head first.  Hopefully, that is now clear, despite the fact that I am doubtful.



No comments:

Post a Comment