Sunday, June 29, 2008

And We're Off


I'm writing Sunday's entry early, mostly so I can check to make sure this Timestamp really works before we take off today.  As of Saturday at 3:19pm, I am nearly packed, the hair has been cut, the nails have been done and made short, and my gallon thermos is nearly full of iced tea.  Sunday morning, I have ice and some lunch meat to buy (I don't think I will be participating in taco night on Tuesday and fried meat and I already had one go 'round that didn't end well on my part).  I picked up a few healthy snacks and am taking some fruit along as well.  I think I have a plan.

Be safe in my absence, dear readers.  Prayers are always welcome: that our work in this community we are journeying to will make a difference to the people living there and that they will witness a little bit of Jesus working through us.  Pray for the teens to be living examples of the love of Christ and to have serving hearts in the week to come.  Pray that our drive to and from Pennsylvania be a safe one for us and for all those around us.  Pray for the people in this community, that they know the promises that come from the risen Savior, and that though God never said that this life would be easy, he did say that we would never journey it alone.  Pray that they are able to see his blessings on their lives in gifts of family and friends and though they may not have many material things, that they have been given the greatest gift of all.

I'll "see" all of you on Friday.



No comments:

Post a Comment