Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Fireflies, pouches and cars, oh my!


I decided tonight that Fireflies are proof that God exists.  I mean, bugs are all well and good (actually,I hate bugs) but I think in many ways, they are sort of the same.  Most of them are pesky to humans (or at least to me) and I don't really find any of them pretty.  Yeah, they have their uses or at least a lot of them do and I know that God had a plan for them when He created them.  But then I picture God smiling as he decides to put a tiny light inside of one of them.  No one else would have thought of that!  God has an incredible imagination, I think.

My pouch has been a little bit grumpy since last night and this is the first real disagreement we've had.  The Brit and I got sushi last night....sweet pleasure!  I had not had sushi since the weekend before my surgery and it was GOOD.  Now, I could only eat two pieces at first and it went down okay but as much as I wanted that third piece, I knew it was not a good idea.  So I waited an hour or two and had another piece and that apparently pissed off my pouch. I didn't dump, but my stomach kind of hurt for about fifteen minutes after eating it.  Then right before bed, I had one last piece and again, the stomach ache!  Today, I had soup and a half a sandwich for lunch with friends at Uno's.  Of course, by the time I finished most of my soup and my half sandwich arrived, I was full, so I had like one bite of it and took the rest home, where I nibbled at it for the rest of the day.  Again with the cranky pouch!  Now, I'm wondering if maybe it is the carbs.  The sushi had rice and where I usually take a sandwich apart and eat the meat and cheese from the middle, I was so craving a bit of bread.  Carbs may be the culprit.

And lastly, in preparation for the mission trip, I took my car in today for an oil change and when I went back to pick it up, the mechanic went over a whole laundry list of things my car needed: the brakes are starting to go, the belts, some other big thing is going to need about $1600 worth of work eventually, new tires, blah, blah, blah.  My small SUV is a 2001 and I bought it used.  It has been a fabulous little car, but we start to look at the miles on it, etc and have to wonder if it is just time to trade it in as opposed to having to spend all this out of pocket money.  I think the car manufacturers work this out as my car is nearly paid off, so it is time for stuff to go wrong with it.

When we were in Florida, we rented one of these for the week and I loved it.  Now, I am not someone who wants to buy a new car as I think they are overrated.  A good used car suits me perfectly, so we went to the Kia dealership tonight and they had just gotten a used one in, so we are pondering it.  I may be taking a whole 'nother car on the mission trip



No comments:

Post a Comment