Friday, June 6, 2008

Working things out


I have come to the conclusion at this stage of the journey, that I could easily become a vegetarian.  Meat is just not getting it for me these days, though I continue to try, it just doesn't go down well for the most part, especially if I cook it.  Don't ask me why that is, it just is.  We ate at Ruby Tuesdays tonight because it is very hot and humid and my kitchen is small and holds heat when we're cooking, so we decided to go eat in some AC.  Anyway, I had the half portion of their chicken pot pie (did not eat the breaded part) and managed to get in most of the chicken and the broccoli.  The sauce it was in made it bearable as it went down easily.

But give me fruit, cheese, a protein bar, some veggies (not all at once, of course!) and I'm pleased as punch.  Unfortunately, I have to do better than that.  So, I'm web surfing for non-meat alternatives to protein, at least for me.  I'm hoping that eventually, meat will be a bit easier on my system. 

I'm going to start park walking in the evenings next week with my friend, Tod, who lives behind the park, so that is a step in the right direction (pun intended).  It's been hard to exercise with my inlaws here because I constantly feel I need to entertain or at least be present.  I've been busy and moving around of course, but not deliberate exercise and I need to get on that wagon to make the most out of the honeymoon period of my surgery.  I plan to join the YMCA in the fall once the kids go back to school, but until then, I need to find other alternatives. 

Oh and all four of my guest spots on the blog have been filled!  Kim, Laura, Kelly and The Brit will be covering for me, so make sure you give them all some love when they post!



No comments:

Post a Comment