Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Action Plan


So tomorrow at the ungodly hour of 7:00 am, I am heading to our local hospital to the Wound Care Center to deal with Spar-kay, the hole in my gut (I named it Sparky just now.  Can you tell?).  Not sure what "dealing" entails but I will have a full report tomorrow.

made mention of the neighbor up the road who freaks me out a bit.  Today, the neighbor down the road called; this is the cousin or something to the dude who robbed us back in September who is now serving time.  This neighbor wanted to clear the air about what happened (huh?) and to tell us that the only reason the guy robbed us was because neighbor up the street had told him that if he ever wanted pain meds, we had some.  I guess he knew that due to our surgeries, we had pain medications in the house.  Of course, this ticked me off.  I told him that unless neighbor up the street was holding a gun to the head of the dude who robbed us, then no one else was responsible but the one who was serving time for the crime.  Anyway, he really wants to speak with The Brit and I have passed that message along.  Ya know, for a gal who doesn't much trust men unless I know them really, really well, I sure do have to deal with the whackjobs!  Insanity!

We kickboxed again last night and ya'll, I love this.  It is fun, it is a workout, it is a challenge.  My hair was dripping by the time I left and I'm not yet even doing the last fifteen minutes of floor work due to my gall bladder healing crap and Spar-Kay.  I cannot say enough about this particular workout!  It's just fun!

And Jillian Michaels and her podcast kind of freaked me out today.  Well, not freaked me out exactly, but she dispelled a myth that I always thought was truth.  Muscle weighs more than fat.  Ya'll have heard that before, right?  Apparently, not true.  They both weigh exactly the same.  She goes on to talk about the "losing inches" people talk about.  For those of you watching "The Biggest Loser" this season, Aubrey worked out at home for a handful of weeks and came back to the ranch to weigh in and only lost two pounds, but she insisted she had "gained a lot of muscle."  Doesn't work that way.  The excuse for only losing two pounds was that "muscle weighs more" but it does not, and after a week of working with Jillian, the girl lost ten pounds.  And where you can lose inches, it cannot replace the scale if you are trying to lose weight.  The scale has got to move.  She's teaching me tons, I tell ya!



2 comments:

  1. Great - now I'm going to go off and cry - because seriously... what in the WORLD is wrong with me that I won't lose weight. I workout like a dog, eat better than I've ever eaten before - but I get nothing... N O T H I N G!

    What gives?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, Jillian is right, a pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat... But at the same time ladies, keep in mind that muscle is more dense, so if you are losing the inches, you are doing something right! Don't give up hope!
    Good luck at the wound care place!
    Hugs,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete