Sunday, March 29, 2009

I was almost on the series finale of ER!


Tonight I am feeling like the only person in blogland who does not have a life as all my bloggy buddies have not updated their blogs!

Thought I was going to be spending the evening in the ER.  Total weirdness.  I felt fine all day today then I had dinner; Biggest Loser Sweet and Sour Chicken Stir Fry; a favorite of mine.  As I was finishing up, I started to get sort of intense pain in my belly, which I just thought was me being full.  I did the dishes and switched the laundry loads in the basement and when I came back upstairs, all I could think was "Holy crap, this hurts like hell!" 

I sat on the couch for awhile but could not get comfortable due to the pain.  I laid on the couch.  Miserable.  I went upstairs and laid down on the bed.  Ugh. Back downstairs to the couch, where I sat on the edge of it, hands splayed across my tummy as if willing it to STOP FREAKING HURTING!  The pain stretched around my sides to my lower back and I was really starting to get scared.  This was not normal "I'm full" discomfort.  This was pain.  With the pain in my lower back, I placed a sofa pillow behind me and slowly and painfully leaned back and I stayed there for about 15 minutes, just riding the waves of misery. 

When I sat up again finally, I felt the pain shift upward as if it was traveling up through my ribcage and then....nothing.  The pain began to cease and was finally gone.  Gas apparently?  Gas bubble like I have never had before?  Did I trap air or something while eating dinner?  Not a clue, dudes, but I sure don't want to repeat it anytime soon! 

Now that the weekend is over, the freaking sun is trying to come out.

Bastard.





2 comments:

  1. Hey Girl - becareful with pain like that - email Laurie and double check that your pain isn't some sort of hernia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like the pain I went to the ER with a while back... turns out it was my kidneys. When we eat a LOT of protein, the kidneys have a hard time. Maybe do a lower-protein day or two and see if it helps?? I always have to either do that or double my water. Good times.

    ReplyDelete