Saturday, March 7, 2009

Blog Fodder


Tidbits tonight, gang!

We are back from Amish country.  Nice little jaunt to see some stuff and buy me wine.  Yeah, my wine comes from two hours away and we buy a case at a time because it is a little journey to get it.  It's deliciously sweet and I adore it.  I have a bottle chilling in the freezer now so I can have a glass tonight!

I need someone to explain to me the purpose of women making decisions.  What I mean is that men, or at least, my men, don't like to make them; they always want someone else to do it.  The Brit gets very "Okay, someone decide what we're doing.  I got us here, I got the hotel, now someone decide what we are doing."  This translates into all three men sit in front of the television while the female, aka, me, surfs the net looking for something to do, though any suggestion is met with a disapproving grunt.  So finally, we just leave the hotel with no known destination and we find a few things to do and then we need to work out lunch.  Again, no one has any suggestions, so I make one, and my suggestion is met with annoyance (apparently it was no where near where we were, but I am directionally challenged in some places I don't often visit.  So then when the husband swings into a parking lot of a different restaurant, not only must it be okay, but it must be enthusiastically more than okay.  It's work, I tell ya!  Work! 

Once in the restaurant, the oldest child selects things like sushi based on the prices.  Meaning, he skims the price list before even looking at the items as for some reason he has it in his head that the most expensive things surely must taste the best.  I told him when he was old enough to get a job, his first check he was taking us out to dinner and we were going to order our meals based on the prices.  Work!

But all in all I love little weekend adventures, give or take a little moodiness or attitude.  I love just looking out the window as we are traveling and darting in little places I have never been inside of before.  I'm a really, really good shopper!  

Tomorrow, I am going to see this.  More details on it Sunday.  I know the gal who wrote the script and does the acting.  Huge surprise to me!



1 comment:

  1. Too funny - we'd be completely the opposite! I'm totally the get us to the general destination person, and John is the one that has to come up with the details.

    We are a trip to watch trying to figure out where to have dinner - he gets so irritated with my lack of decision making ability in that area. If you tell me "we can go anywhere in the city" I freak out! I need a genre or something to narrow my choices. Poor guy - I usually make him give me three choices and then I'll pick from those.

    ReplyDelete