Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Saga a Spar-Kay


This may be short because I am in the middle of a dumping syndrome kind of thing from the four bites of dinner I ate and didn't chew well enough, so I'm feeling crappy!  This is the only side effect of RNY I hate but thankfully it rarely happens to me.

So, got up at 5:30 this morning to head to my hospital to the Wound Care Center to take care of "the hole" as my hair stylist called it.  They cleaned it up and the doctor removed the loose suture that was in there.  He felt that was what was causing the tissue to not grow back together.  They gave me this stuff that looks like hard cotton but is really some kind of medicine to wet and then stick over Spar-Kay, and then put a waterproof bandage over it.  One of the nurses dressed it, I made a final appt for next week, and I was on my way.

Got to work early and had to pee, so I went into the bathroom.  After taking care of business, I realized the goofball nurse had bandaged the wrong thing!  I have a tiny healed incision right about Spar-Kay and she bandaged that!  Thankfully, they gave me materials to take home, so I dressed the right wound.  Sheeh.  Tiny healed incision.  Much bigger HOLE in my stomach.  Which should I bandage?

Went to Frederick today with Kelly and met up with Robyn was a delicious lunch at Danielle's, which left me stuffed and I did not eat the rest of the day other than the four bites of disastrous chicken.  Then we went Goodwill (second hand store of those of you who may not know.  I know the Salvation Army is all over the USA, but is Goodwill?  Basically, they are the same thing.) shopping.  I love second hand clothes.  I love a good deal.  I got like 6 summer shirts, a sweater I could not resist as it was big and cozy, a pair of capris, three belts and a book for $23.  My kind of shopping!  We are considering picking a town a month and checking out their second hand stores! 

From there it was home for an hour to start laundry, vacuum and complete dinner and then head to kickboxing.  From there, I left for Praise Band rehearsal and then home to blog, pack a lunch and go to bed!

I'm behind on my blog reading so forgive me.  I'll catch up soon!



1 comment:

  1. We have Goodwill down here - so I'm guessing it is nationwide. :-)

    I hope that Spar-Kay gets healed up soon! What a mess!

    ReplyDelete