Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Calgon? Hello?


The weather is a bit warmer today, which means that the kids are outside playing with other kids, which means arguments abound.

Our rather strange neighbors (the ones who kept the oldest son when we were in Atlantic City without telling us), the wife actually, runs a daycare out of her home.  On more than one occasion, she has allowed a four year old boy to come down the street with my youngest (age 9) and her own daughter (age 6) to my house which bothered me greatly.  I am not responsible for this child.  This child's mother is working, thinking her child is in daycare when instead he is out in the neighborhood with a 9 and 6 year old, going to some person's house she doesn't know.  Charming.  If that were my kid in daycare and I caught wind of this, I would be pissed.

Anyway, oldest son comes up to me a little while ago and states that strange neighbor's daughter (age 6) would like to jump on our trampoline with the four year old.  Was this okay.  Ummmm....NO.  I explained to oldest son that I was not responsible for this four year old, did not want to be responsible for this four year old, and did not want sued by four year old's mother if he got hurt on my property.  Told oldest son I did not even want four year old down here without meeting his mother.

Oldest Son looks at me like I am the biggest bitch in the world.  Yes, this is why I am the parent (though a bad one apparently; just ask my mother.  Sorry, I still struggle with letting that one go...) and he is the child.

Then the youngest son comes in crying hysterically because the oldest son broke "his stick".  When asked why the oldest son broke his stick, the youngest son states "Because I said I was stupid."  Okay, as I am not stupid, that translates into the youngest son called the oldest son "stupid" thus the broken stick.  I told youngest son to go back out and play before I made him clean his room.

I am now blogging while awaiting the next tragedy...and there will be one.  One more hour and Oldest Child will be going to Lenten service with my mother and then harmony will ensue.  There is only insanity when both boys are around and playing within the same group.  Apart, they do great.

I walked the two miles around the park again today which was nice.  I've enjoyed getting out of the gym the last three days; once for kickboxing and twice to walk.  I've been in the gym with my friend, the elliptical, all winter, so it is wonderful to be doing some different things.

Oh and I lost another pound today!  Finally!



3 comments:

  1. I don't blame you at all about the 4 year old... I'd feel the same way!

    Oh, the only bad thing now is that summer is coming... and you remember how stressed you get having the boys home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go dollface...one pound at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, sounds like you definitely need the Calgon! lol
    Congrats on the pound! :-)

    ReplyDelete