Saturday, March 21, 2009

Saturday Bliss


Today was rather nice.

I was up early; 8:00 and The Brit and I went out to get pavers for our fire pit which is on our deck (I'll take a picture as soon as we have some warmer weather as we now have our deck furniture too).  Then we headed to Gaithersburg to visit Whole Foods and Trader Joes; both very cool.  I think my preference was Trader Joes, though Whole Foods was its own brand of spectacular too. 

Okay, topic change....

I have great difficulty understanding individuals who want to comment on other people's blogs in a nasty manner.  I don't have much patience for them.  Sadly, the other Kim seems to be a magnet for these kids of people.  I can completely understand disagreeing in a respectful way with blogger, but to be nasty or hateful is completely out of bounds.  A blog is essentially someone's diary...READ as "someone's personal thoughts and opinions."  You don't need to be nasty with someone's opinion on a site they are possibly paying for, or maintaining.  If you don't like the person's opinions, don't read, dudes!  I don't always agree with the bloggers I read, but if I'm going to state my opinion and how it doesn't agree with theirs, I try to do it respectfully.  And for someone to pull the "She says she's a Christian so why does she feel this way?" card, is absurd.  Oh sorry, I forgot that Christians aren't supposed to have opinions.  Hate to break it to anyone but we are as human as anyone else.

All I ask is that people are respectful of my space and this domain is my space.  I would not allow a stranger to come into my home and be nasty, but would allow a stranger into my home who was respectful.  Same goes here, or on any blog you read.  If you feel the need to state your opinion in a nasty way, there are free blog sites out there; start your own on-line journal and go to it. 

I'm still waffling about Grease, but am leaning towards "no."  I really like my life right now and just don't feel the urge to mess with it yet.  I'll see my friend, the director tomorrow so my thoughts could change, but gotta tell you, the working out thing is a really big deal to me and not something I want to jeopardize.



2 comments:

  1. The whole comment thing is just weird... and WHAT is it about ME that makes people want to pick on me? And then to question my faith... because of one blog post that was taken COMPLETELY out of context... geez!

    I think that you should do what you feel is best for you on the show - and if it's going to get in the way of workouts - I'd be leary too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, haven't checked in for a while just very busy with work and school and exercising ..anyway, i appreciate your honesty and frankness in your blog. that's what makes it like reading a book....and you're right. This is not a forum for picking on other people.
    Anyway,
    have a good day .Susan

    ReplyDelete