Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Heigh Ho Silver Away!


So I checked out the stable today and really liked it.  It's not fancy, but they have 60 horses and 125 acres.  I got there a little early and drove around and from what I know from watching Animal Cops Houston, the horses all look to be good body weight.   They have plenty of room to graze and lots of land to explore.  Driving back the road, alongside the fenced area, there were horses all over the place and all was peaceful.  I'm no horse expert, but I liked what I saw and had a good feeling about it.  They supply all equipment (helmet etc) so there is no expense to me other than the lessons.  They can teach lessons in trail riding, competition and barrel racing if I ever wanted to go those routes.  I am going to take lessons for April and May, and then break until school goes back in session in August or September and that works out fine for them as they teach summer camps for riding over the summer.

Other sites I had looked at over the internet wanted a bunch of money up front, but Heritage is fine week to week and they recommend that at first to make sure I like riding and to make sure I like them.  If I ever want to purchase in advance, I can do 10 sessions for the price of 9.  My first lesson is April 2nd and I am very excited.  I think it is considered exercise as well, isn't it?

If The Brit is working late tonight, I may go and pick up a Zumba class at the YMCA at 6:00.  It's another I would like to try.  Of course, if he isn't working late, I would love for him to join me, but I'll just have to wait and see.

Anyone watch The Biggest Loser last night?  How about Tara being targeted for all that extra weight and she still won the challenge, dragging a car behind her as well as the extra pounds the other contestants placed on her?  She can annoy me at times, but she has been so consistent in her weight loss and she works so hard and I felt really bad for her last night when they gave her all their extra pounds.  Guess she showed them it is gonna take more than that to slow her down!  I'm also glad that Kristin became the first female to lose 100 pounds on the ranch.  She needed a win, even though she does hog camera time, in my opinion. 

I'm trying to increase my water intake.  I've been drinking entirely too much coffee lately and not enough H2O and though my coffee consumption will automatically decrease a bit in warmer weather, I need to get started early.

Still waiting for word on The Brit's mum.  She was scheduled for an MRI this morning.  She is still in the hospital and was feeling better as of yesterday as she had been dehydrated when she got there.  They said they were concerned about an area near her appendix, but they didn't feel she had symptoms of appendicitis.  So per Healthline, it says the symptoms are this:

Classic symptoms of appendicitis include the following:



Other possible symptoms are pain on urination, inability to urinate, or frequent urge to urinate if the swollen appendix is near the urinary tract and bladder. When perforation occurs, abdominal pain becomes more AGEBREAK gale:page="163" gale:pdfName="gech_0001_0001_0_00179-p.pdf">AGEBREAK>intense and involves the whole abdominal area, and fever may be very high.  (she said she felt as if the pain started at her navel and went to her bladder...hello?)

I'm not saying she has appendicitis, but the symptoms are there!  Hopefully we will hear something soon.  This feels like it is taking forever.  Thanks for the prayers!




 


 



2 comments:

  1. The exercise part of riding depends on the type you are doing - typically trail riding and western riding are more of a sit there and do nothing style. If you do something more like english riding with posting (stand up sit down repeatedly) that would be more of an exercise type style.

    I am so excited for you!!

    I'll keep praying for the Brit's mom, and hopefully they'll get it figured out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still praying for your mum in law...

    Also...I watch the BL as well and I like Tara...sometimes she gets a little manic but I like her a lot, I like Kristen too and I was very happy for her but she irks me too...some of the choices she has made on the show were...um..lets just say less than intelligent to me...I genuinely understand loyalty but at the same time you have to be smart in regards to your voting to lengthen your own time in the house and I think she has made some decisions that will not help her down the line and I really am hoping for her as the biggest girl ever in the house, with the most to lose, I want her to be successful, but as I said I also like Tara a lot because although she gets manic at times she always, always gives 110% and I really have a lot of respect for good sportsmanship and kudo's to Tara's partner for stepping up to the plate and being the voice that Tara needed in her moment of weakness...

    ReplyDelete