Friday, March 20, 2009

The Greasey Issue


So with "Grease" auditions next weekend, I, of course, have started waffling. So I want to audition? Do I not want to audition?  Do I want to make life complicated?  Will I regret it if I don't audition?

Here are the facts.  I have not done a show in over six years.  I used to perform one show on the weekends for eight weeks, and rehearse for the next one during the week; that was how involved I was prior to marriage and kids.  A friends of mine is directing this show and old theater friends of mine are auditioning.

The Pros (providing I were to be cast):

Spending time with friends I have not spent time with in a long time.
Doing theater again, which I dearly love.
Doing theater again as a fairly normal sized person (oh and I lost another pound!  Slow and steady wins the race, yes?).


The Cons:

Not being cast.  Yes, it sounds vain as hell, but I would rather not audition then to audition and not be cast.
Time.  When would rehearsals be?  I may not be able to continue kickboxing and regular workouts which I am growing to really like.
Warm spring evenings are right around the corner and I will be spending a few a week in a theater.
I rather like my quiet evenings at home.
There is a commute to the theater, so it is going to make for busy days to make sure the family is fed and stuff is done I would normally do in the evenings.

Grease is also not a show on my "to do" list. I love the show, don't get me wrong, but there are a few shows I VERY much want to do before I die and this is not on that list.  Yes, I would have fun doing it, but you get my drift.

So I have a week to figure it out.  I'll keep you informed.



2 comments:

  1. Maybe you ought to wait until it's a show you really want to do... like in the winter, so that you're not missing out on any spring activities?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that you asked for opinions...

    >>> I may not be able to continue kickboxing and regular workouts...<<<

    Danger, Will Robinson!

    You've been posting for months about how imperative it is for you to workout regularly. Do you really want to risk that? You've come so far...

    ReplyDelete