Thursday, March 26, 2009

Another One Bites the Dust


Slow and steady is apparently the name of this new weight loss game I'm playing.  I'm down another pound this week thankfully.

I have been trying to only weigh in once a week like I am supposed to as I was becoming a slave to the scale instead of using it as my compass.  I'm learning that weighing in every day is insane and causes me to see fluctuations day to day which I just don't need to see.  I'm weighing in one day a week at the same time of day, under the same circumstances; nothing more, nothing less.  The temptation is hard to resist some days especially if I feel I have had a great day the day before or if I feel I had a horrible day the day before, but I'm sticking to it. 

Spar-Kay is finally starting to heal.  Tuesday, I noticed that the bandage was really gunky looking, so I took it off to discover that my body had worked out another loose suture (isn't that amazing?  The way the body will rid itself of stuff it doesn't want?). 

Still waiting for news on my mother in law, though so far so good.  They think there is some kind of blockage going down to her stomach, though the doctor does not feel it is cancer.  They are going to do an endoscopy next week and the hospital is keeping her over the weekend.  Keep the prayers coming.  I'll be glad when we have something definitive!

The one thing I forgot to mention about my farm where I'll be having my riding lessons is that I will be getting two fixes in one as they have dogs!  Lots of dogs!  So while I continue to work on The Brit for a family dog (which could take awhile by the looks of things, but mark my words, it will happen) I can at least love on these pups one day a week!



1 comment:

  1. Yay for spar-kay heading out of Kim Town...Yay for horses (I grew up riding, my best friend had a farm)and yay for sweet puppiness! Most of all though, Yay for you...it is hard to walk away from the scale...kudo's to you for having the strength to do it no matter how tempting those numbers may be! Love ya girlie pie...Jil

    ReplyDelete