Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Betty at iGive must die


So I installed this crazy iGive thing like a year ago and it's this annoying pop up that happens on sponsored sites, where if you purchase something from a sponsored site, iGive donates so much to a charity of your choice that is on the list.  But I'm tired of looking at her and for the life of me, neither The Brit or myself can get her out of our lives!  I have uninstalled her numerous times and she simply will not go away!  I have emailed the company and their instructions do not make her go away!  Grrrrr.

I was down two pounds today...Yippee!  I am also achy and sore from working out the last three days and now I have the familiar knee ache from kickboxing tonight, but dang, I had missed it!  I think I grinned through the first five minutes of it because I felt like I was really home again.  Then once I was sweating bullets, I wondered why I had ever missed Jack and his brutal class.  By the end I felt happy and pleased that I had more or less kept up after four weeks out.  It's a vicious cycle.

As a reward, I came home and ATE A HERSHEY BAR!  What on earth is wrong with me?  It simply must stop! 

So anyway, I have a dilemma, which is not a real dilemma, I mean not compared to poverty and a financial crisis or anything.  Just a little Kim-dilemma.  Once upon a time, I had a guitar and I took a few lessons but then kids came along and lessons had to stop.  I have always wanted to learn how to play and since losing 100+ pounds, I have this thing about reaching all my goals (one day parasailing will be realized!).  In place of guitar lessons, I started getting my nails done....gels and all that.  Then when we were robbed in September, my guitar was stolen.  End of story.

Until tonight when a guitar came into my life by surprise.  And then that old urge to play came over me again.  But I have nails and that makes holding down strings pretty well impossible.  So, I could give my nails a break, take off the gels and just get regular manicures for a bit and see if I can pick up playing this thing.  Otherwise it sits and gathers dust like the last one did.  I have to admit, I sat here staring at it in longing, with images of the Indigo Girls and John Denver running through my head.  I love acoustic guitar, so I picked it up and gave it a few strums, which made me all tingly inside.  But would I have the discipline to teach myself to play?  After all, I ATE A HERSHEY BAR tonight.

Food for thought.



2 comments:

  1. I'm cracking up over the Betty at iGive thing... that would be sooo frustrating!!

    I totally think you should give the guitar a try. John has some videos of some of the famous worship guys teaching him how to play their songs... I could ask him where he gets those. He's learned most of his skills by ear - but I'm sure there are other ways of learning that having to pay for lessons. Heck - I'd bet you could get pretty far these days with YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh give it a try!!! Are you done with your horse back riding lessons?

    ReplyDelete