Thursday, July 23, 2009

Ouch Take Two


We estimated we did about nine miles on the canal today.  It was really humid too and I was all sweat stained, which really made me happy.  I love looking like I've been exercising and if that makes me weird, well, you'll just have to embrace it.  We had seven deer sightings, three of them fawns and one as close as right smack next to us.  It was awesome.  They rarely run because they are apparently accustomed to the bikers, hikers and walkers on the towpath.  The other really cool thing is that towpath people are all so friendly.  Everyone who passes says "Hi" and I even got a "How ya doin', hon?" from someone today.  Feels very boho and fun.

My mother then took me out afterwards so I could pick out my birthday gifts.  I got an awesome bag for my bike so I can take my camera with me next time, and the rack for the back of the bike to attach the bag to.  I picked myself up a little $10 computer which will tell me my speed and more importantly, the miles we are doing so there will be no more guessing.  Now The Brit just has to fit the stuff for me, because when it comes to that stuff, I prefer to be a girl .

My mother is still obsessed with my ass.  If you all remember, at Christmas she informed an entire store about my ass.  Today, we are walking through Dick's Sporting Goods as she loudly proclaims "You have no ass!"

Thanks, mom.

Tomorrow for the bday, it is sushi for dinner and then the fire pit.  I have to bake a cake tomorrow afternoon and do some veggie cutting.  Unfortunately, I have to work, but may try to escape a little early!

And no, Jaime, not preggers!  Bite your tongue!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, Happy, Happy Birthday to you ...your story is so funny about your mother, I can just see the scene unfolding now. I hope you enjoy your day and weekend and hope you get to take your boat out ....It's suppose to be beautiful...Luv, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say as an unbiased observer that you have a fine rear view and it is getting better each and every day.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete