Saturday, July 18, 2009

Weekend Update


Firepit Frenzy last night was perfect; exactly the kind of thing I had originally envisioned.  Oh, they are always fun, but last night was a brilliant mix of people, who all came together in the name of fun.  Shell came and brought a new friend named Judith.  Tod came and brought his friend, Jim.  Robyn was there as well as three of my youth girls.  I loved it.  I made two new friends, enjoyed some old friends and got to hang with my adopted daughters.  I can't bring myself to cancel it next week for my birthday, so I'm thinking an early dinner out and then have Firepit Frenzy.  I owe Tod a birthday celebration, so we'll have a dual cake or something next week.  I'd like to find something low sugar/low fat in the way of cake, so I'll need to do some googling.

Tonight we are are scheduled to go see some bad local baseball with Lutheran Night with the Hagerstown Suns (though oddly enough I can't find mention of it on their website.  Is that because it is a church thing? .  Tomorrow we continue boat cleanup in the hopes of taking it out next weekend if the weather is good.  Hopefully Tod will come with us as I have great fears of driving this thing up on the trailer when we are finished.  However I am really looking forward to taking it out on the lake. 

So, fab weekend so far.  Hoping it remains that way!



1 comment:

  1. You should check out Yahoo Food - you can look through the Splenda recipes - OR go straight to the Splenda website... I've tried several of their desserts and they are actually really good.

    There is also a cake mix you can get at the store - I think it's pilsbury (blue box... that's all I remember) that is low sugar... they have a premade icing that goes with it that is low sugar too. Or it might be 1/2 the sugar - I just remember that it was lower than the normal boxed cake options.

    ReplyDelete