Monday, July 6, 2009

Hellooooooo?


So is anyone other than Meg still out there reading this little blog?  I know I have been gone for a month and that I have not finished posting my England travels, yet alone my mission trip journal (which I left at the site, btw), but are ya'll still out there?  Give me a little love if you are.  I hate to appear needy, but I'm feeling rather lonely!

So I hit the gym really hard today.  Elliptical 30 minutes and for the first time, used the one that incorporates the arms.  I was worried about lasting a full thirty minutes after not doing it for a month, but I persevered and got through it.  Go me.  Then I hit several of the resistance machines and ended with 100 crunches on the stability ball (I love those things).  I will probably be sobbing with abdominal muscle pain by mid-afternoon tomorrow, but that's ok.  Then kickboxing tomorrow night.  Let's go, Jack!  I'm back!  Bring it!

I'm still a little off in my sleep; still rather sluggish in the mornings, but so glad to be home!  Now if the kids would only go back to school life would be grand.  It is such a double edged sword.  Going back to school means summer is over and cold weather is on the way, but all summer they drive me batsh*t crazy!  If I hear the words "I'm bored" one more time I may scream.  I am like, never bored.  In the rare moment when I'm not working or cleaning, I have hobbies I love to do!  No boredom here! So the fact that they are KIDS with minimal responsibility and can't find things to do, I just don't get it.  As kids, we used to be out the front door with our friends by 8:00 AM in the summer.  We played outside all freaking day and when mom rang the cow bell, we knew it was time to come in for dinner (seriously, the woman had a cow bell and no, we did not live on a farm.).  After dinner, we were back outside and we knew that the when the street lights came on, it was time to come in for the night.  So, no, I don't get the whole "I'm bored" thing coming from kids these days.  Yes, we had a television but we preferred to be outside playing and even once Atari was born, it only kept our attention for a short while (I mean, how long can you ping a little ball back and forth before falling asleep?).  We didn't look to our parents to amuse us because we had imaginations and friends we played with.  We made forts in the bushes and pretended we were stranded on a desert island and mixed up mud and leaves for food, ruining my mother's little cedar box, but she got over it.  She only brings that up once every other month or so now  

I'm sure as they get older summers will be a little easier.  I think.  I hope.  They will be, won't they?

Now comment!  Go!



5 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, Yes, I am here and sending lots of love and hugs your way. My family and I just got back from 2 weeks in Emerald Isle NC and had a wonderful time. Great for the soul!!
    I'm down about 78 lbs. now and had my 7 month check-up at JHH in June. All my labs, blood work, etc. came back p-e-r-f-e-c-t- and for that I am so thankful. Guess I'm doing something right! Vacation was wonderful as I love the beach and ocean and I even manged to keep up with my walking every other day. Tonight I'm heading back to the gym in what has been a while but I know the weight loss and exercise are like a married couple whereby one is no good without the other. In any event I do read your blog and always enjoy it. Have you checked out JHH 's bariatric website lately? Seems they now have a newsletter and are looking for a name for it. They are also looking for patients to spotlight and I volunteered to write up something about myself, complete with pics. I'm still trying to stay connnected to JHH and even though I haven't seen my surgeon, Dr. Steele since the surgery I do enojoy my chekc-ups with Tara and Pat Jordan. So thats my life thus far this summer. No more vaca planned until maybe a few days in the Fall.
    ;-0( Well, have a GREAT day...
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Kimmie! Blog love coming your way. I loved the pictures from England, and of course, it made me miss it terribly. Glad your back, though, so look for an email about our next adventure. By the way, I'm music-less on the blog and have been for a while, and to be honest, I miss it! :(
    Call me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girlface...I am here...I am just bad and don't comment as I should but I have not left you! Yes...I was never bored as a kid...I was usually outside hanging out in a tree reading a book, or making a store or restaurant and serving "mud" delicasies...or having china berry wars or building a pully system between the tree's around our house to transport my cat, Buffy, in a bucket hovering about 20 feet in the air...it worked and she was a good sport...or playing street baseball...or picking peaches and plums out of Mrs. Peters yard next door or digging a "pool" in our front yard that was 10 foot by 10 foot square and two feet deep, man my dad was pissed...but it looked good...we used a whole package of the black trash bags, to double line the pool and lined it with rocks to give it that nice finshed look...it took about 7 hours to make, we got to use it for 1 and the second my dad got home we had to fill it back in...but it was worth it...Man sometimes I miss being a kid...Sigh...lol...glad you are back...xoxo, Jil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Girl - I'm still around too - I just am having a hard time balancing it all right now. So please bare with me... until I get my life back in order.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still here. I'm changing blogs, so I haven't spent much time at my own, but I still check in here at least every other day.

    ReplyDelete