Thursday, July 30, 2009

Wine and Pizza


So we have safely arrived in DC and it is hot and humid with rain in the forecast tomorrow. 
But it is still all good.  I am in DC with a good friend and we are having a great time.  We got a late start leaving as we stopped to visit with Shell's parents as I had not seen them in quite awhile but that meant that the metro was not busy so it was a smooth ride into DC.  Our hotel was literally half a block from our metro stop, so for the first time in years, I had no trouble finding the place. 

We checked in and as all Shelley had for dinner was an herbal life shake, we went down to the restaurant for a bite to eat and split a small but awesome pizza and of course there was some wine involved for me.  It was quite good.  We then went outside as Shell needed a smoke and we got to chatting with this other lady who is here for the conference who now thinks Shell and I are lesbian lovers.  This is because we were talking about leg shaving and those of you who don't know, I am as obsessive about that as I am about vacuuming.  Shell also knows this about me and said in front of said lady, "Well, I brought my razor because I know how you are about that."

Okie dokie.

So we are now back up in the room and ready for bed and I am loving my little pink house as Deyse calls it (meaning my little Acer computer) which came along with me for blogging purposes.  We have to be at the Verizon Center at 10:00 in the morning for the pre-conference and then we have some free time until the next part at 7:00 tomorrow night.  Good food and a glass of wine will probably be involved.

A shout out to Susan who is doing fabulous with her exercise and Susan, you can totally hit that 100 pounds down by your one year surgiversary.  And you know what?  Even if you don't so what.  This is not a sprint, but a marathon and all you can do is run it well, and you will.

G'night all. 
peace out!



No comments:

Post a Comment