Thursday, July 2, 2009

Poetry by Leisl


So I mentioned to you earlier that Leisl was an amazing poet and she has given you (and me) the opportunity to read a bit of her work.  I think you will agree with me that she has talent that needs to be shared!

Sunshine and Blue Leaves on Trees
 
Trapped inside myself.  Dying the death of self worth, aching to be free, free of myself!  I am unsafe, peculiar, worthless and possessed by my secret.  The shame, the blame, the flame in my secret soul is burning holes through my skin!  And what is worse, is it must be my fault, my fault for letting it happen to me!  What is wrong with me?  I take it because it must be true, all of those terrible things that you say about me.  I take it now because I am the secret with you!
 
I�m weak and unwilling, but I�d rather make you happy and share in your lie because that is what you�ve seduced me and reduced me to do!  Who will ever believe me after all you�ve achieved?  They�ll think I�m the liar, the cheat, the thief of your success, the stealer of your manliness!  They�ll think I�m crazy or that I deserved it because I was �too lazy� to make the bed for you!
 
Who I am?
Who I am?
Who I am?
 
 
I am the unmovable Keeper of secrets and lies.
I am the weaker without any words.
I am the actress who wins The Academy Award.
I am the one you kill with your selection of swords.
The truth is, I am the dead, living and forgiving your abusive cries.
I am all you have and not what you deserve.
I am sick and unhealthy in mind and in spirit and when you walk in the door I FEAR IT!
And inside my head, my heart, my soul the rigorous ranting and raving takes hold, explores and controls and finally explodes!
I really am just like you?
 
Who I am without you?
Who I am without you?
Who I am without you?
 
Without you, I am Sunshine and Blue Leaves on the Trees.
I am cool vibrant mist in the breeze.
I am Night and Day all swirled
Into One, making Peace with the
Moon and the Sun.
Without you, I am Laughing and Lulling myself into Sweet Sleep.
I am able bodied, intelligent and sweet.
Without you, I am something like Nothing You�ve Seen!
Without you I can follow my dreams!
 
 
 
*Leisl K. (Weaver) Miller
01-18-93



No comments:

Post a Comment