Monday, July 13, 2009

Double Time and Giving Back


How on earth is it Monday already? 

After an uneventful morning, I left work, picked up the kids and went to the gym.  Thirty sweaty minutes on the elliptical with the Weight Loss option (meaning it is essentially hill intervals), then several of the circuit machines.  Stopped by the library so the kids could renew some books they had out and then home to get some stuff done.  Tonight I did a two mile walk our gorgeous park while picking up litter; giving back to the community a bit.  After all, I do mission work with the youth in other areas, so maybe it should start at home and our park is too beautiful to be ridden with litter. 

Thursday, as Jennifer is apparently keeping her stupid Turbo Kick, (though she is vaca next week so my hopes are that Jack will have her class) I plan on packing up my bike and the kid's bikes and head to the canal for a ride.  I'm a little nervous as I am not yet real steady biking but the tow path is pretty level so I'm hoping it will be good practice for me as I really would like to ride more.  I just need to build up my confidence with it. 

So I'm trying to kick it up a notch.  I've had my exercise break on vaca and now it is time to get serious again.  Maybe there is a 30 day workout challenge in the near future...anyone with me?

Oh and Susan, so good to hear from you last week!  Sounds like you are doing great!  I'll have to check out the Hopkins newsletter to see what that is all about.

Shell, I do need to call you...days are getting away from me.  Forgive me.  Summer is insane with kids, but then again, you know that!



No comments:

Post a Comment