Sunday, July 5, 2009

Eight Pounds


So that is what I have gained in four weeks of constant travel.  I was going to wait to weigh in for four weeks in an attempt to get back on track but I was having food issues so I knew I just needed to be accountable.

The damage was bad enough, though not as bad as I thought.  The former super morbidly obese girl in me was convinced I had put on like 20 pounds or something.  I'm thinking a few weeks of deliberate exercise will remove those eight pounds, or at least that is my goal.

I did go to the YMCA today and swam laps for awhile and tomorrow I will either go to the gym or walk a few miles around the park.  Tuesday night is back to kickboxing which after four weeks of not being there, should pretty well kill me.  But exercise is back on my radar again now that I am home!

I also need to de-carb, which is way harder for me than getting back to the gym, but I'm working on it.

It's very difficult when our normal foods are taken out of our control.  England, totally different foods (though my biggest issue there was bread in the mornings!).  Mission trip, food totally planned for us.  Pasta, pizza, tacos (yuck), pork bbq.  Lunches were always a sandwich and a carb and sometimes a piece of fruit (they did fruit cups, but that involves way too much sugar!).  Breakfast, sugary cereals, hard boiled eggs (not a fan), chipped beef gravy over biscuits, so you get the picture. 

It's so much easier for me to eat better at home and even there I have challenges at times, but they are not constant and they don't last four weeks.

So it is onward and in this case, downward!



1 comment:

  1. Yep, that's the spirit! 8 pounds isn't horrible... you can get back on track in no time. One week of your food and exercise routine and you'll feel like a new person again! :)

    ReplyDelete