Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Un Poco


I made it a point to eat better today so as to not have anymore episodes like the one last night.  Though I am sure I have not seen the last of them, it would be nice to keep them in check during workouts. 

I think for my birthday we will be going to dinner and then back here for firepit frenzy.  I'm even going to bake my own cake which I am sharing with Tod, whose birthday was at the beginning of the month.  I actually found, thanks to the other Kim, a reduced sugar Pillsbury mix with icing to match.  I'll let ya'll know how it is. 

The Brit just went upstairs and he left on The Food Network and they are showing all these greasy burgers.  I'm trying to resist the urge to barf.  So few things have been appealing to me lately and can I tell you how the taste of soda gags me now?  Hate the stuff, even the diet stuff which I used to drink.  Blech.  I was desperate enough that I turned the channel over to "Toddlers and Tiaras".  Now how wrong is that?  I don't get these people either; making their kids up to look like slut puppies or something.  Creeps me out, but at least I'm not tempted to barf.  It's a much more eye rolling show and thankfully I am not paying that much attention anyway.

Summer television is the worst.  I'm so selective about what I watch anyway as I don't like being a slave to the television in the evenings as I feel I miss out on too much of life.  I have my shows I enjoy and some I record to watch on a quiet afternoon and just a few during the week.  I just cannot sit here and watch one program after another just because they are on the television.  So during the summer I actually miss the few shows I watch as there is nothing on. 

And you know what?  These pageant parents are freaks of nature....



3 comments:

  1. I'm just going to go ahead and ask (and throw myself on the mercy of being a fellow Mag)... is it possible you might be pregnant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen commercials for Toddlers in Tiaras. PSYCHO PARENTS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must have been watching the same things you were last night - because I know the exact burgers you're talking about and flipped over to the same eye rolling show. HA!

    I hope that you enjoy the cake - we liked it in a pinch!

    ReplyDelete